Now available in German.
"Cosmetic" improvements now in version 1.3.8
New Version 1.3.9 available
1) Alphabetic sort on each column in each tab.
2) New button for choosing files to extract :
Either check the checkboxes for selecting files to extract.
Or Drag and Drop files to the right column of selected files and also the ability to unselect file by Drag and Drop from the column of selected files to the recycled bin.
3) Links, About box...
Contributions of version 1.4
This version now allows the reading of the files "_ setup.xml" contained in the CAB.
- Rebuilt the tree structure of file XML with possibility of extending or of reducing branches of the tree.
- Also Rebuilt a conventional INF file (can be copied to the clipboard).
- Creates a Memo (can be copied to the clipboard) with the Register keys in a format of the Regedit type (for the "Geeks").
For the CABS with a conventional INF file like those with a "_ setup.xml" file :
- Possibility of "Using Folder Names" for files saving.
- Additional Informations on the files with also possibility of sorting on these new columns :
- Size of the file.
- Date and Hour of the file.
- Type of the file (its extension).
- Possibility of Multiselection on the files (Shift, Control).
- Possibility Drag and Drop for one or more files towards the Explorer (Folder, Desktop...).
- Contextual Menu on the file under the cursor (Right Button) allowing :
- Open the file with the associated application (If it is a program - Extension "EXE" - the launching of the program is prohibited, which is surer. The icon of the program is shown) or "Open with..." if there is no association.
- Open the file with the Notepad.
- If MSCEinf is defined as an application for opening CAB, the program will be loaded. If it was minimized, it will be restored.
- If the button of Checking of Signature is activated, MSCEInf authorizes 2 signatures ' MSCE ' and ' CE4+ ' and only those (If it is not one of the two authorized signatures, the pointer of the mouse positions on the button of checking of signature after having posted a message of alarm). If not, there is no checking of the signature of the CAB.
N.B. : With this version you can reorder columns in Files Tabs.
Italian version is now online.
MSCEInf New Version : 1.4.1
Now MSCEInf is also available in Spanish : Versión española 1.4.1: Esta versión ha podido ver la luz gracias a la ayuda de nuestro amigo Sergio Rey.
Version 1.4.1 Improvements :
With 1.4.1 Version MSCEInf allows run in Command Line with output of INF file in the Cab folder. It also close Application after done.
MSCEInf "CAB File Name to output to inf" inf
Put the complete filename for the cab or only the name if you are in the folder. Put the name in quote to prevent parsing of parameters if you have space or delimiters in the name. "Filename" followed by a space and inf after. (do not quote the string inf !). So it will put the INF file in the Cab folder with the cab name extension changed to inf. But I cannot prevent the form to be shown. More work to do this. But if you do this in batch, MSCEInf is closed after each call and new instance is launched !
Version 1.5 is now available.
This version is now compatible with Vista. 6 languages are available, new one is Dutch.
Thanks to Mike and Annemieke for Dutch translation !
Nederlandse vertaling gedaan door Mike & Annemieke. Bedankt !
MSCEInf Version 2.1
MSCEINf update is only for those who want to use the program in Command Mode for making batch tasks.
Contributions of version 2.1
· MSCEInf Version 2.1 adds ability to extract in command mode CAB files in a folder preserving subfolders names.
Syntax is a bit rigid with a keyword extract (separed by a space) after CAB name. This keyword allows creation of INF file and files extraction (with correct names) while preserving subfolders names.
A second parameter optional is folder name where to extract files. If omitted, folder name will be :
Program creates the folder if it does not exist.
For example write like here (do not forget to separe each parameters by a space and put path in double quotes) :
msceinf "C:\Users\Benoit\Documents\a.cab" extract
and files are extracted in folder "c:\ExtractDir".
or give folder name where to extract :
msceinf "C:\Users\Benoit\Documents\a.cab" extract "C:\Users\Benoit\Documents\My extracted files"
and files are extracted in folder "C:\Users\Benoit\Documents\My extracted files".
Hi. I am NOT BenThon :) This is a must-have for those of us who would rather just copy EXE files to our Pocket PC instead of going through a desktop installer + ActiveSync/WMDC. It's also handy if you need to take an existing installer and add something to it. It is the best free desktop explorer / extractor I have found. Glad to see the author continues to update it. Works with both older CE-specific CABs and the newer ones that use XML files. A must have for developers.
Hi. I am BenThon :) Thanks for your comments !
Contributions of version 2.2
- This version is now really "silent" in command mode. When program runs in command mode, Program window is no more shown. This is much nice for "batch processing" when using the program.
- There were a "bug" in earlier versions, when the program was running in command mode on a CAB where there is only a "_setup.xml" information file. On these CAB extraction in command mode was not done. Version 2.2 corrects this.
Thanks to Sergio Rey (MSCEInf Spanish translator) for his comments and "beta testing".
I've found MSCEInf an extremely useful program.
Apart from being able to find registry keys and hives, I've been able to generate CAB's with templates I've assembled from the data that this program supplies through extraction.
Contributions of version 2.3
- In Tab « Files », files are now shown with the SHELL associated icon.
- In Tab « Files », contextuel menu (right click) for files with extension :
shows version number of these files and gives a new menu item « Properties » for opening Properties window.
- Bug Correction for column sort and especially when a column has been moved.
- Thanks to Le Sage (CodePPC forum moderator) for his help and advices.
MSCEInf Version 2.4
Contributions of version 2.4
1) In Tab « Files », if SETUPDLL present ("setup.dll") :
- This dll is now in the ListView (Properties - Context Menu - and Drag and Drop are allowed on this DLL)
- The SETUPDLL is marked in red[/list]
- An icon is shown in StatusBar to show its presence
- The Hint of the StatusBar specifies its presence
2) Other Bug Corrections for column sort and especially in XML window.
And now :
- If never clicked on a column -> alphabetic sort
- If clicked on the same column -> reverse sort
- If not in the same ListView or not clicked on the same column -> alphabetic sort
3) Help and History are now available by clicking on the System Menu (Top Left on the Caption)
Thanks again to Le Sage (CodePPC forum moderator) for his help and advices.
Contributions of version 2.5
• Correction of a bug: when analyzing many CAB in sequence, sometimes CAB from one to another has same file name. Update for extraction by « Drag and Drop » was not done. It was because temp folders created by MSCEInf (InfCEOpen and InfCEView) were not blanked.
Thanks to ahirshfield, forum xda-developers member, for pointing out this bug.
• New button in Toolbar to call MSCEInf Help and History, included in the program itself.
• Correction of minor bugs …
• Cosmetic improvement in Tabs, with icons.
Contributions of version 2.6
· Backslash added in rebuilt Inf file, at item [SourceDisksNames], if specified folder has not one at the beginning.
· Due to a bug in new version of mshtml.dll in Internet Explorer 8 Beta for drawing a background image in ListView, I have taken away the background image in the Open Cab Dialog Box.
· There is now a new column in the tab "Folders", with real values written in the CAB without transformation of %CExx%.
Thanks again to Le Sage (CodePPC forum moderator) for his help and advices.
Japanese localization patch file by solipt for MSCEInf version 2.6 here [url]http://solipt.web.fc2.com/nihongoka.html[/url